Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Food Lion in S. Nags Head or Avon - staying in Rodanthe

Hi, we usually stay up north in Corolla and this year for the first time we are staying in the southern part of OXB - Rodanthe. I am wondering which will be the better place to get our groceries. There is a Food Lion in S. Nags head and one in Avon. They seem to be about the same distance. Is one newer or better than the other. I have a small child so I need a fairly large selection. I wish a Harris Teeter would open up down there! I loved the one in Corolla!



Food Lion in S. Nags Head or Avon - staying in Rodanthe


I believe the one in Avon would be closer to Rodanthe. I also stay on Hatteras Island, and last year ordered from Farm Fresh in Elizabeth City and had it delivered. It was the best thing I ever did. There is nothing I dread more than Food Lion on check in day.





Cheryl



Food Lion in S. Nags Head or Avon - staying in Rodanthe


We have started bringing most of what we need with us. The first year we went we shopped at the Food Lion in Avon. It is extremely overpriced. We take as much as we can from home and only buy perishables in the Outer Banks.




In past years, we smushed everything into our one truck so there wasn%26#39;t much room for groceries. This year we%26#39;re bringing 2, so I%26#39;ll bring more from home(plus we%26#39;re going for 2 weeks for the first time....which means way more groceries). I%26#39;ll order the rest from Farm Fresh and have it delivered.





Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment