Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fairfield Inn or Quality Inn

Planning a trip to Biltmore and these hotels partner with Biltmore. Has anyone stayed in either of these recently? Would appreciate any comments



Fairfield Inn or Quality Inn


Stayed at Fairfield~not good. Rooms very small for two people. Could not bring all my luggage in. Breakfast, just cold stuff, if this matters. Saw in paper where someone had broken into some one%26#39;s car. I assumed it was a safe place, because the location is excellent. Guess that could happen anywhere. The room was fairly clean, not as clean as I would have liked, and the light in the bathroom kept going out when I was in the shower, leaving me in total darkness. Hope this helps.



Fairfield Inn or Quality Inn


Don%26#39;t know much about either of these two, but like I say in some of my other posts - you may consider the Brookstone Lodge. Brand new independant hotel about a mile or two from the front gate of the estate.




NCBULLDOG, Thanks for the mention of Brookstone Lodge in Asheville. I looked it up and it is beautiful, new and a great location. I made reserverations at a good rate for summer trip to NC. Will write a review after my stay in July.




You%26#39;ll be happy with Brookstone. Stayed there last week and was very pleased. Would definitely stay there again. The place is clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great too.





We had a street facing room and the traffic was a bit noisy at night. The fan covered some of the noise. By the second night I didn%26#39;t notice it as much.





So if you are a light sleeper you might want to request a room not facing the street.




Hey! thanks for the tip on the noise, as I am very lite sleeper. What floor where you on? I have re quested a ground floor as my hushand has health issues. What side should I request? I do not want to be near the elevator or the ice machine. What was the breakfast menu, anything differesnt from all the rest? Thanks again.




We were on the forth floor and it was very quiet in the hall. We weren%26#39;t near the elevator but it didn%26#39;t seem noisy. The elevator was in the middle of the building so you can just ask for a room on the end of the hotel if you like.





For breakfast they had cereal, muffins (not very good though) yogurt, fruit, english muffins, eggs, sausages, waffles, toast, bagels, juice and coffee/tea. I think that was all there was :-)





The coffee/tea was out all day/night which was nice.




Forgot to add that you can use a 10% off coupon upon check in.





I got it from exploreasheville.com.





Just click on ';Packages and Coupons';, scroll to the bottom and click on ';Asheville Coupons';. It%26#39;s a PDF file and there are several coupons, including the one for Brookstone




Travqak, thanks for the tip on the coupon. That is great. Will post my review after my stay. I love Asheville. The only down side there does not seemed to be a lot of good resturants or I have not found them. I am not looking for gourmet high end. Just good southern cooking. Seems to be mostly chains. We were staying at Willow Winds for years and eating in, but could not go up and down the steep stairs with heavy luggage. That is a very nice place if you ever want to rent a house/cottage. Also on Sweeten Creek Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment