Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Betty's Waterfront Restaurant

Is this place still open? I tried calling to see what time they opened and no one answered.



Betty's Waterfront Restaurant


Yes, they are still open. They may be closed right now for the season, but most of the restaurants opened up around March 1 for the season. Hope this helps!





Lisa



Betty's Waterfront Restaurant


Thanks! I%26#39;m asking this cause I am going down to visit Holden Beach and this is my favorite restaurant. I noticed that there is a listing online saying that they are for sale. Thanks again!




yes they are still open. the thirsty turtle, the bar, opens at 4pm, as does te restaurant i think. great crab here, most other selections are fried, but it%26#39;s all good!




That is great news! I am going down to Holden Beach this week and I really wanted to eat there. Thanks!




have you alos tried the crab cakes at the provision company or the bucket of oysters at blackbeards?




I%26#39;m actually gonna try the crab cakes at Provisions. The weather doesn%26#39;t look to promising this week. I haven%26#39;t been down there in 4 years. It looks like nothing has changed. I ask about Betty%26#39;s cause there is a website that has Betty%26#39;s for sale and when I tried to called them, no one answered. Thanks.




Run, don%26#39;t walk away from Betty%26#39;s!! We%26#39;ve been coming to Holden beach for 15+ years, Betty%26#39;s used to be the place to go but the last two visits were awful.





Last visit could not get a glass of wine, something about permits, but could get a beer??? Crablegs had to be sent back - inedible, too long in the freezer I think.





What a shame it used to be the place to eat at Holden Beach, but I will never go again.




I would not write off ANY restaurant based on one bad trip. Lived @ HB for 20 + years and I have had good and bad at all of them.





I walked out of one of my favorite lunch spots a week ago because no one would wait on me. Went back a few days later and service and food was great. WE ALL have our bad days.




We%26#39;ve eaten at Betty%26#39;s since 1993, many, many times. The time before last, they had no tequila and food had to be sent back. Our fault for trying it again two weeks ago.





Sooo.....just to let folks know it%26#39;s not as good as it used to be




We have been going down there for 20+ years and Betty%26#39;s has been terrible for at least 20 years. Maybe if you like greasy calabash seafood, but you can%26#39;t beat Provision - awesome fresh seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment